It can be frustrating to have your garage door stuck. Many people find themselves in this position, especially in winter. Do not get discouraged. Instead, make use of your skills and learn how to troubleshoot the problem. You can see Garage Door Repair Durham for more information.
Take a few moments to check the safety features of your door. Sometimes safety features installed by the manufacturer can prevent the door from opening. These are some troubleshooting suggestions if the above doesn’t work. These are some steps to take before calling garage door repair service providers.
1. Most doors have automatic lock modes or vacation settings. The door will not open if it is in this mode. You must unlock them manually and return to the normal position from within the garage.
2. Make sure the battery for your remote operator is charged. Rechargeable batteries could be the problem. If the remote does not turn on, replace the batteries. If you can operate the garage door using the controls from the garage, your remote may be the problem.
3. Make sure that you have the power supply and cables in place. Sometimes the power supply might be off or broken. You will need to call a garage repair service in such cases.
4. To check if any objects are blocking the door, look inside the garage. Door that swing upwards may be hindered by an obstruction at ground level. If something is holding on to springs, the door may not open.
5. Verify that the automatic sensors are on to check if they are working. The light should not be blinking if the sensor does not work. Nothing should block the path of the sensors.